Even though we had some crazy and not-so-great experiences in our six weeks in China, I think some of the most GORGEOUS landscapes we saw all year were actually in this country! Incredible rolling hill-type mountains, temples, the Great Wall of China, wild monkeys, and beautiful culture surrounded us at every turn!
Below are some of our BEST scenic photos from our time in China. Enjoy!… and please comment below on which are your favorite(s)!
And if you’d like to read about our adventures in China, click the following links:
Internet Censorship in China: NO access to Facebook?!
Our great adventure of food poisoning, hiking, and FOG!
Beautiful and quaint Yangshou, China: Thrown into culture head first!
Hiking and biking in China: Zhangjiajie, Xi’an, and Beijing
1. Rafting in gorgeous Yangshou
2. The Great Wall of China (just outside Beijing)
3. Hiking in Zhangjiajie National Forest (this park was the inspiration for the set design in the movie, Avatar)
4. Reed Flute Cave in Guilin
5. The Temple of Heaven in Beijing
6. Monkey mom & baby in Zhangjiajie National Forest
7. The Terracotta Army in Xi’an
8. Streets of Guilin
9. The Forbidden City (Palace Museum) in Beijing
10. Hiking in Zhangjiajie National Forest
11. Giant Wild Goose Pagoda in Xi’an
12. Longsheng cultural show
13. Biking through the Yangshou countryside
14. Biking around the ancient Xi’an City Wall
15. Down a random hutong (alley) in Beijing
16. Muslim Quarter in Xi’an
17. Hiking in Zhangjiajie National Forest
18. The “beautiful” Longsheng Rice Terraces
This image is just for fun… as this photo was SUPPOSED to be of the most gorgeous rice terraces in the world (this is what they were SUPPOSED to look like!), but instead, we spent the day very sick, hiking up a mountain JUST TO LOOK AT THICK, THICK FOG!! Ugh… weather foiled our day!! Haha… if you want, read about this ridiculous experience here!
And that’s it, folks! Hope you enjoyed them all 🙂
Which photo(s) above from China are your favorite(s)? Please comment below!
BONUS: Here’s a fun and scenic video of us bicycling through the countryside of Yangshou, China: